Terms and Conditions
SHORT-TERM ACCOMMODATION CONDITIONS
Standard Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation PLEASE NOTE: SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY PROPERTY.
“Booking” means the period for which Guests have paid to stay at the Property.
"Deposit" means any payment made to secure the Booking.
"Guests" means the person or persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
“Property” means the dwelling in which Guests stay overnight, including all its fixtures, fittings and
“Management” means the booking agents of the Property.
"Us", "We" and “Our” refer to Management "You" and "Your" refers to the Guest "Owner" means the owner of the Property
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking, who does not stay overnight.
“Arrival Details” is any communication Guests receive from Management providing information relating to their Booking.
Note: Variations to these terms and conditions may be agreed upon, but only by arrangement with Management, and in writing. Management reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY
• You agree to be bound by and accept these Terms & Conditions in their entirety upon payment of a Deposit. You also authorise Management, where applicable, to retain Your credit card details on file until such time as the property has been cleaned and inspected, and to pay or reimburse itself from Your credit card any costs or expenses arising from any damages or other losses applicable to or arising from the use of, or any occupation of, the Property in relation to the Booking, including extra cleaning if required. In addition to any other rights Management or the Owner may have at law or in equity, Management has the right to recover from the Guest any costs incurred as a result of such damages or losses.
• A Booking Fee applies to all bookings. This fee is non-refundable and additional to the rental tariff.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
• Check-in time is not before the time and date specified in the Arrival Details and check out time is
not later than time and date specified in the Arrival Details.
• These times must be strictly adhered to, so that the cleaners will have sufficient time to properly prepare the Property.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
• Keys to the Property will be in the key safe, located where detailed in the Arrival Details. The Property must be secured and the keys returned to the key safe each time the Property is left temporarily unattended, and upon final departure.
• A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to secure the Booking.
• The balance owing must be received in full at least 30 days prior to occupancy. If not, the Management reserves the right to cancel the Booking without notice and attempt to re-let the Property.
• All payments must be received in Australian Dollars net of any bank or other transaction charges.
• Payment is accepted by the following methods: Visa, MasterCard American Express, direct deposit or telegraphic transfer.
• Cheques, money orders and cash payments are not accepted.
CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
• If the need arises to cancel or vary a Booking, please contact Management immediately.
• In the case of a cancellation by the Guest, money paid will not be refundable unless the house is
re-let at the same rate for the entire period.
• Should a refund be applicable, it will be made by the payment method used by the Guests at the time of Booking.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be treated as a
cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
• A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of Guests will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those Guests.
• An administration fee will be charged for any variation or cancellation.
• Where there is a minimum night’s stay policy of two or more nights, no refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches the minimum night’s stay policy.
• Management will make every effort to ensure the Property is available as booked. However,
Management reserves the right to make alterations to Bookings where necessary.
Bookings are accepted by Us in good faith as agents for the property Owners. You acknowledge that neither Management nor the Owner will be held responsible for occurrences that are outside of Our control such as:
• The Property is sold
• The Property is altered in any way
• The Property is damaged in any way
• The Property is withdrawn from letting
• The malfunction of any appliance or inventory item in the Property
Should any of the above occur, Management will inform You immediately, and will make every reasonable endeavour to find suitable alternative accommodation for Your occupancy, failing which any monies paid will be refunded in full.
PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• PARTIES AND FUNCTIONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
• The Property is let for domestic occupation only, and any other use of the Property is forbidden
• Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination of occupancy, eviction without
refund and extra fees for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc.
The local shire council bylaws state that any loud noise whatsoever is strictly prohibited during the following times:
• Monday to Thursday – before 7 am and after 10 pm
• Friday – before 7 am and after 11 pm
• Saturday and Public Holidays – before 9 am and after 11 pm
• Sunday – before 9 am and after 10 pm
This Property is located in a residential area and Management asks that Guests and their Visitors are considerate regarding noise at all times.
• Disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
GENERAL GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
• Guests must comply with all applicable House Rules and all instructions from Management concerning occupancy, Property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and neighbours.
• Only the Guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any
other persons stay, extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund
• Setting up makeshift structures, such as tents or caravans, to accommodate more persons than the
Property permits is prohibited.
• Guests are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during their stay. Management must be immediately notified of any such damage, breakage, theft or loss. Management may recover, at its discretion, repair or replacement costs from the Guests.
• In the event that Visitors are permitted to visit the Property during the Booking, Guests must take full responsibility for the behaviour of their Visitors while they are at the Property. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by a Visitor will be deemed to be a breach by the Guest, and treated accordingly.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, freezers etc., all rubbish and recycling placed in the appropriate council bins (where provided), and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. All non-recyclable rubbish must be bagged prior to being placed in council bins (where provided). All recyclable materials must be placed in the Recycling bin (where provided). Please note that plastic shopping bags are not recyclable.
CONDITION OF PROPERTY ON DEPARTURE
The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition, and the BBQ (where provided) must be left clean and presentable for the next Guests.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of the BBQ, dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the Property, the Guests will be charged the additional costs.
OTHER GUEST RESPONSIBILITIES
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in upon arrival.
• The Property must be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All
keys must be returned to the key safe.
• Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. If keys are lost, Guests will be responsible for all charges involved in obtaining new keys. Should Guests lock themselves out of the Property, a callout fee will apply.
PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, Guests must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. Management will not be responsible for any such problem or complaint, which can be dealt with locally, and of which it has not been advised at the earliest opportunity, and/or of which it has not been advised until the end of, or after the completion of, the Booking.
• Guests must allow repair/service personnel access to the Property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Whilst Management will make every effort to ensure that problems are rectified quickly and efficiently, Management accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by either whole or partial loss of power, or malfunctioning appliances, and no refunds will be given as a result of any appliance being either wholly or partly unusable for any portion of the Booking, for whatever reason.
• You indemnify Us against any liability which may attach to Us as a result of damage, injury or loss being personal or proprietary suffered by any person where such damage, injury or loss has been contributed to or caused by any act or occasion of You or Your Visitor.
PRIVACY ACT 2000
The personal information You provide, or that which is collected from other sources, is necessary for Us to verify Your identity, process Your application and contact You. The personal information collected about You may be disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected to other parties including the Owner, our staff, our cleaners or contractors (if a problem arises), the Police (if a problem arises) referees, financial institutions, other agents, third party operators of tenancy reference databases and other third parties as required by law. Information already held on tenancy reference databases may also be disclosed to Us or the Owner.
If You would like to access Your personal information held by Us, You can do so by contacting Us on
(03) 9443 7538 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also correct this information if it is inaccurate incomplete or out of date.
• It is recommended that all Guests purchase travel insurance, since Management accepts no responsibility for any injuries, illnesses or accidents that may occur to Guests or Visitors whilst staying at the Property.
ITEMS LEFT BEHIND
• Please check carefully before You leave the property, as We cannot guarantee any items left in properties will be found and returned to You. We must be notified immediately of any items left behind by Guests or Visitors. Unclaimed items will be held for one month and then donated to charity. Items can be returned by post upon prepayment of postage and packaging, plus a handling fee.
• Where a Property has been designated as not pet friendly, no pets of any sort may be taken to the Property. Any breach of this condition may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for cleaning and other expenses.
• Where a Property is designated as pet friendly, and Management has agreed to pets being allowed to stay, pet owners will be responsible for cleaning up after their pets, both inside and outside the property. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture or pet droppings found anywhere on the Property, or any damage caused by pets, will incur extra cleaning fees.
• Linen can be provided on request, at a minimal cost. This service includes top and bottom sheets, pillow cases, hand towels, tea towels, bath towels and bath mats.
• Beds will be made up prior to arrival, and stripped after departure as a part of the linen service,
which is compulsory for all one-night stays.
• Unless arrangements have been made for linen to be provided, Guests are required to supply AND
USE all their own linen, including TOP AND BOTTOM SHEETS, pillowcases and towels. Failure to do so may incur extra fees for the laundering of doonas, doona covers and mattress protectors.
• All one night stays will incur a surcharge plus linen hire charges.
• One night stays are not available at all Properties.
• WHERE LINEN HAS BEEN PROVIDED, GUESTS MUST NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, STRIP THE BEDS OR REMOVE THE DOONA COVERS FROM THE DOONAS, AS THE CLEANERS ARE REQUIRED TO DO AN INVENTORY OF LINEN AS PART OF THEIR SECURITY CHECK.
• Upon departure from the Property, Guests will be responsible for putting the garbage and recycling bins out (where applicable), and returning the keys to the key safe. Any extra cost incurred by Management for the disposal of rubbish and/or recycling as a result of Guests failing to comply with this condition may incur extra charges.
Where appropriate we reserve the right to charge any surcharges to the credit card held on file. This includes but is not limited to damages caused or excess cleaning charges incurred during your stay. You will be notified within 3 days of departure of any appropriate charges.